Transition Therapeutics Announces Second Quarter Fiscal 2011 Financial Results
TORONTO, Feb. 7, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Transition Therapeutics Inc. ("Transition" or the "Company") (TSX:TTH) (Nasdaq:TTHI), a product-focused biopharmaceutical company developing therapeutics for disease indications with large markets, today announced its financial results for the quarter ended December 31, 2010.
During fiscal 2011 and up to the date of this press release, the Company achieved the following significant milestones:ELND005 (AZD-103) – Alzheimer's Disease:
- On December 27, 2010, Elan and Transition announced the mutual agreement to modify their collaboration agreement for the development and commercialization of ELND005 (AZD-103). Under the terms of the modification, in lieu of the contractually required initiation of Phase III milestone payment of US$15 million, Transition will receive from Elan a payment of US$9 million and will be eligible to receive a US$11 million payment upon the commencement of the next ELND005 (AZD-103) clinical trial. As per the terms of the original agreement, Transition is also eligible to receive up to an aggregate of US$93 million in additional regulatory and commercial launch related milestone payments plus tiered royalties ranging from 8% to 15% based on net sales of ELND005 (AZD-103) should the drug receive the necessary regulatory approvals for commercialization. The payment of US$9 million was received in January, 2011.;
- On August 9, 2010, Elan and Transition announced topline summary results of a Phase II study and plans for Phase III for ELND005 (AZD-103). The study did not achieve significance on co-primary outcome measures (NTB and ADCS-ADL). The study identified a dose with acceptable safety and tolerability. This dose demonstrated a biological effect on amyloid-beta protein in the cerebrospinal fluid and effects on clinical endpoints in an exploratory analysis. Based on the preponderance of evidence, and input from the experts in this field, the companies intend to advance ELND005 (AZD-103) into Phase III studies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV