Hasbro's net earnings fell 15.4 % to $140 million, or 99 cents per share, down from $165.6 million, or $1.09 per share, in the year-earlier quarter.
Hasbro's net revenue declined 7.2% in the recent quarter to $1.28 billion, attributed in part to a $23.5 million negative impact from foreign exchange.Hasbro's bottom-line results topped expectation for earnings of $133 million, or 92 cents per share, leading Hasbro shares to bid 1.5% higher Monday morning to $45.49 despite softer year-over-year results. The toymaker recently pre-warned investors that it would book slower sales in the end-of-year shopping season. The cautionary statement was attributed to relative weakness in U.S. and Canadian markets, despite strength in emerging international markets. Rival and toy-making industry leader Mattel (MAT) beat fourth-quarter expectations and increased its dividend by 10.8%. Mattel said improved sales in its core toy brands -- Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price and American Girl -- helped drive the quarter's results.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV