China MediaExpress CEO Fires Back at Critics
Shares of China MediaExpress, which operates a television advertising network on buses in China and was created through a reverse merger, were climbing nearly 11% to $15.34 after Cheng wrote in a letter to shareholders that short sellers "timed and coordinated their efforts" in "reckless and baseless attacks" against the company. Short sellers make money from declines in share prices.
Last week, Muddy Waters Research accused China MediaExpress of "engaging in a massive 'pump-and-dump' scheme whereby it significantly inflates revenue and profits in order to enrich management through earn-outs and stock sales." Citron Research and Bronte Capital also released similarly bearish reports on China MediaExpress on Jan. 31 and Feb. 1, respectively.
Muddy Waters says it has a short position in the stock, and therefore stands to realize significant gains in the event that the price of stock declines.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV