Stocks Finish Strong on Deals News
Japan's Nikkei added 0.5% and the Hong Kong Stock Exchange fell 1.5%. London's FTSE gained 0.8% and the DAX in Frankfurt rose by 0.9%.
President Obama in a speech Monday to the Chamber of Commerce urged American businesses to begin investing and creating jobs even as the White House works to make regulations more business friendly and foster innovation.
The Federal Reserve said consumers increased their borrowing by $6.1 billion in December to a seasonally adjusted rate of $2.41 trillion, a gain of 3%. Borrowing in the credit card category rose 3.5%, the first advance since 2008. Still, overall borrowing remains 6.6% below the July 2008 peak.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV