Progenics Pharmaceuticals And Salix Pharmaceuticals Announce Worldwide License Agreement For RELISTOR®
Important Safety Information for RELISTOR
- RELISTOR is contraindicated in patients with known or suspected mechanical gastrointestinal obstruction
- If severe or persistent diarrhea occurs during treatment, advise patients to discontinue therapy with RELISTOR and consult their physician
- Rare cases of gastrointestinal (GI) perforation have been reported in advanced illness patients. Use RELISTOR with caution in patients with known or suspected lesions of the GI tract
- Use of RELISTOR has not been studied in patients with peritoneal catheters
- The most common adverse reactions reported with RELISTOR compared with placebo in clinical trials were abdominal pain (28.5% vs. 9.8%), flatulence (13.3% vs. 5.7%), nausea (11.5% vs. 4.9%), dizziness (7.3% vs. 2.4%), diarrhea (5.5% vs. 2.4%), and hyperhidrosis (6.7% vs. 6.5%)
- Safety and efficacy of RELISTOR have not been established in pediatric patients
RELISTOR full Prescribing Information for the U.S. is available at www.relistor.com.
RELISTOR Development Programs
Subcutaneous Methylnaltrexone in chronic, non-malignant pain and OICA 1,034-patient, one-year, open-label, international, phase 3 safety study to evaluate the long-term safety and tolerability of methylnaltrexone bromide subcutaneous injection in chronic, non-malignant pain patients with opioid-induced constipation was completed in September 2010. Efforts are underway to submit a supplemental New Drug Application for this potential indication to the FDA in the first half of 2011. Oral Methylnaltrexone in chronic, non-malignant pain and OIC A 700-patient, international, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial to evaluate the safety and efficacy of oral methylnaltrexone to treat opioid-induced constipation in chronic, non- malignant pain patients was initiated in September 2010, and is anticipated to complete enrollment by year-end 2011. About Progenics Progenics Pharmaceuticals, Inc., of Tarrytown, NY, is a biopharmaceutical company focusing on the development and commercialization of innovative therapeutic products to treat the unmet medical needs of patients with debilitating conditions and life-threatening diseases. Principal programs are directed toward gastroenterology, oncology and infectious diseases. Progenics is developing RELISTOR ® (methylnaltrexone bromide) for the treatment of opioid-induced constipation. RELISTOR is now approved in over 50 countries, including the U.S., E.U., Canada and Australia. Ono Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. has an exclusive license from Progenics for development and commercialization of subcutaneous RELISTOR in Japan. In oncology, the Company is conducting a phase 1 clinical trial of PSMA ADC, a human monoclonal antibody-drug conjugate for the treatment of prostate cancer. PSMA is a protein found on the surface of prostate cancer cells as well as in blood vessels supplying other solid tumors. In virology, Progenics is also developing the viral-entry inhibitor PRO 140, a humanized monoclonal antibody which binds to co-receptor CCR5 to inhibit human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection. PRO 140 is currently in phase 2 clinical testing. In early development, Progenics is evaluating novel antibodies to toxins produced by the bacteria C. difficile, as well as single-agent multiplex PI3-Kinase inhibitors as a potential strategy to combat some of the most aggressive forms of cancer, and is also seeking to identify novel entry-inhibitors of HCV infection. For more information, please visit www.progenics.com. (PGNX-G)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV