Under the agreement, Pride is being bought for $41.60 a share in cash and stock.
Ensco fell 3% to $52.80 during early trading Monday, while Pride International surged 16.6% to $40.10.
Chesapeake Energy (CHK) plans to sell all of its Fayetteville Shale gas assets, as well as its equity investments in Frac Tech Holdings and Chaparral Energy. Shares of Chesapeake Energy popped 3.8% to $31.20 in premarket trading Monday.
Danaher (DHR) reached an agreement to buy Beckman Coulter (BEC), a maker of biomedical testing equipment, for $83.50 a share in cash, or about $6.8 billion including assumed debt. Shares of Danaher rose 2.8% to $49.31 during premarket trading Monday, while Beckman Coulter surged 9.8% to $ 82.55.
AOL (AOL) said Monday it agreed to acquire Web site The Huffington Post for $315 million. AOL was up 2.3% to $22.44.
Sanofi-Aventis (SNY) and Genzyme (GENZ) continue to work on clinching a deal, although an announcement may not come early Monday, according to published media reports. Shares of Sanofi-Aventis were up 0.2% to $34.47 in early trading. Genzyme rose 1.3% to $74.33.
Humana (HUM), the health insurer, said fourth-quarter earnings fell dramatically from a year earlier on a number of expenses. Humana fell 3.4% to $58.49 in early trading Monday.
Hasbro (HAS) said fourth-quarter net earnings fell 15.5% to $140 million, or 99 cents a share, from $165.6 million or $1.09 a share, a year earlier. Net revenue fell 7.2% to $1.28 billion from $1.38 billion a year ago. Analysts, on average, were expecting earnings of 95 cents a share on revenue of $1.31 billion. Hasbro fell 1.8% to $44. >>Search for Highest Dividends by Rate or Yield
|More on Earnings Today's Top Earnings|
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Andrea Tse. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV