In a new "Homework" segment, Cramer followed up on a few stocks that stumped him in earlier shows.
When asked about Yahoo! (YHOO) right after they reported, Cramer said he needed to look into the company's earnings.
Lightning RoundCramer was bullish on Vale (VALE), Tiffany & Co (TIF), Motricity (MOTR), Cirrus Logic (CRUS), ARM Holdings (ARMH), Las Vegas Sands (LVS), Delcath Systems (DCTH) and Cummins (CMI). He was bearish on Paccar (PCAR).
Fed's Policies WorkingIn his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer opined on the chatter that Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke's policies are causing inflation. Cramer said Bernanke's actions have kept countless companies alive, has allowed stocks to regain their luster, permitted companies to fix their balance sheets and allowed everyone to refinance their problems at great rates. He said Bernanke has also been the only grown-up in Washington, working to help the economy as Congress and Obama have done little. Cramer said the rise in commodity prices are not Bernanke's fault. Rather, they're based on world-wide demand. If the U.S. wasn't so focused on ethanol, said Cramer, grain prices would be lower. And if Congress would endorse natural gas for trucks, oil prices would be lower. Bernanke deserves praise, said Cramer, and his policies shouldn't be stopped until jobs are being created. --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To contact the writer of this article, click here: Scott Rutt. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/scottrutt. To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. Want more Cramer? Check out Jim's rules and commandments for investing from his latest book by clicking here. For more of Cramer's insights during the Lightning Round, click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV