NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "This market is too cheap," Jim Cramer announced to the viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Monday, as he told them that companies simply are worth more than their stocks are selling for.
He said the "wisdom" of the crowd has chronically mis-valued stocks, and the evidence is showing up all around us.No. 1. Takeovers. Cramer said the uptick in mergers and acquisitions, if not about consolidation in an industry, has been about companies being undervalued. He said even after big moves in the stock prices, companies are still confident they can pay big premiums and make money. No. 2. Sellers Remorse. Cramer said after F5 Networks (FFIV) reported a "disappointing" quarter, its stock dipped 26%. But a week later, the sellers have realized their mistake, sending the stock up some 20 points. No. 3. Downgrades Don't Stick. Last week Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) received a downgrade by an analyst, but the stock barely flinched, and has been rising ever since. No. 4. Adding Value By Splitting Up. Cramer said stocks like Chesapeake Energy (CHK) have been adding value by selling assets, which is why he still thinks Chesapeake's parts are worth twice that of the whole company. No. 5. Market Forgetfulness. Remember a few weeks ago when Apple (AAPL), a stock which Cramer owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS, was down big on Steve Jobs' medical leave? Today Apple took out its 52-week high. 6. Revaluations. Cramer said on the news of a single blowout quarter, Acme Packet (APKT) has risen 27%, as the market revalues that company against much higher earnings. For all these reasons, Cramer said stocks remain far too cheap, which is why he's remains a bull.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV