Nidec To Reorganize Group Companies Through Corporate Split Transactions Between Nidec And A Subsidiary And Between Subsidiaries
KYOTO, Japan, Feb. 4, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nidec Corporation (NYSE:NJ) ("Nidec") today announced that its Board of Directors determined at a meeting held today that a portion of Nidec's management over its subsidiaries and a portion of the subsidiary management by Nidec Techno Motor Holdings Corporation (a wholly owned subsidiary of Nidec, "NTMC") will be transferred to Nidec Motor Holdings Corporation (a wholly owned subsidiary of Nidec, "NMHJ") through absorption-type corporate split transactions ( kyushu bunkatsu).
The following summarizes the planned corporate split transactions through which the relevant operations are expected to be transferred to the wholly owned subsidiary of Nidec.
1. Purpose of the Planned Group Company ReorganizationIn an effort to achieve its goal of becoming the world's leading manufacturer of all kinds of motors, Nidec has sought to strengthen its existing businesses and launched a new mid- to long-term growth strategy, "Vision 2015," aiming to a create a group of companies with a target sales level of 2 trillion yen in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2016. As part of the strategy, Nidec seeks to achieve further organic growth with a focus on general motors for home appliances as one of its core growth businesses. In line with this strategic focus, Nidec has strengthened its home appliance general motor business in Europe and North America through its acquisition of Sole Motors, an Italian company, in January 2010 and its acquisition of the motors and controls business of Emerson Electric Co., a U.S. company, in October 2010. Nidec also established NMHJ in October 2010 with a plan to make it the holding company to manage the home appliance general motor business in Europe and North America. To execute this plan, Nidec intends to reorganize the relevant group companies through the following corporate split transactions with the expected effective date being April 1, 2011. Through the proposed reorganization, Nidec seeks to streamline and further strengthen its home appliance general motor business and improve its profitability.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV