"We will be live again from Cairo tonite on #ac360. Not sure where we can broadcast from, but we will find a way," @andersoncooper the CNN reporter tweeted at 10:20 a.m. EST on Friday.
|Anderson Cooper reports from Egypt despite dangers.|
Tensions in Egypt have erupted into a violent struggle between Mubarak supporters and anti-government demonstrators, who are calling for the president's immediate resignation. A number of journalists, including CNN talk show host Cooper, are saying they are being targeted for attack by rioters.
"Despite attacks on journalists, and great difficulties today, we will be on air tonite at 10pm live from Cairo," he tweeted on Thursday.Cooper stayed true to his word and broadcast Anderson Cooper 360 live from an undisclosed location in Cairo on Thursday night, admitting that he was "a little bit scared." "I can't tell you where we are, frankly for our own safety," Cooper said. "Journalists don't like to become part of the story but unfortunately they have been made part of the story here over the last 24 hours." "Systematically, we have seen journalists attacked, we have seen cameras taken down... we would like to be showing you instead of ... this strange image of us sitting on the floor of an undisclosed location in dim lighting, we would like to be showing you pictures, live pictures, of what's happening in Liberation Square right now," Cooper told his viewers, "but we can't do that because our cameras have systematically been taken down through threats, through intimidation, through actual physical attacks."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV