NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Rio Tinto (RIO), Vale (VALE) and Natural Resources Partners (NRP) are among the five stocks reporting quarterly or annual earnings next week. Given the metal and mining industry's strong fundamentals, these stocks will report robust earnings for the fourth quarter of 2010.
In the past three months, Rio Tinto, Natural Resources Partners, Vale, Penn Virginia Resources (PVR) and Alumina (AWC) gained 4.4%, 26.9%, 3.1%, 2.4% and 15.7% respectively. Of these five stocks, on average, analysts polled by Bloomberg expect Rio Tinto and Vale to rise 41.1% and 16.4%, respectively.
Other competitors in the industry such as BHP Billiton (BHP), Cliffs Natural Resources (CLF) and Kaiser Aluminum (KALU) will release their semi-annual and quarterly results on Feb. 16, Feb. 17 and Feb. 23, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV