Suspicious Timing of China MediaExpress Slam?
Updated with share price rally in China MediaExpress.
Shares of China MediaExpress, which operates a television advertising network on buses in China and was created through a reverse merger, plunged 33% Thursday after California-based Muddy Waters Research accused the Chinese company of "engaging in a massive 'pump and dump' scheme whereby it significantly inflates revenue and profits in order to enrich management through earn-outs and stock sales."
Muddy Waters says it has a short position in the stock, and therefore stands to realize significant gains in the event that the price of stock declines.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV