Jobs Report: Live Blog
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The Labor Department releases its nonfarm payrolls report for January at 8:30 a.m. EDT. As the first employment report of 2011, it is bound to get a lot of attention.
Estimates of job growth in January vary widely, with consensus projections reported by the media also differing considerably, an indication perhaps of last minute revisions. According to consensus estimates from Briefing.com, the economy is expected to have added 148,000 jobs in January, after adding 103,000 jobs in December. Private payrolls are expected to have grown by 163,000.
However, the report could have some noise. The Labor Department announces an
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Shanthi Bharatwaj. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/shavenk. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV