Ardea Biosciences To Present At Two Upcoming Investor Conferences
SAN DIEGO, Feb. 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Ardea Biosciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: RDEA) announced today that Barry D. Quart, PharmD, president and chief executive officer, will present at the following upcoming investor conferences:
- 13th Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference in New York, NY. Presentation: 2:00 p.m. EST on Monday, February 14, 2011.
- Leerink Swann Hot Topics in Therapeutics Roundtable Conference in New York, NY. Presentation: 9:15 a.m. EST on Thursday, February 17, 2011.
About Ardea Biosciences, Inc.
Ardea Biosciences, Inc., of San Diego, California, is a biotechnology company focused on the development of small-molecule therapeutics for the treatment of serious diseases. RDEA594, our lead product candidate for the treatment of hyperuricemia and gout, is a once-daily, oral inhibitor of the URAT1 transporter, which has completed Phase 2 clinical development. Our next-generation URAT1 inhibitor program is currently in preclinical development. BAY 86-9766, formerly known as RDEA119, is a potent and specific inhibitor of mitogen-activated ERK kinase (MEK) for the treatment of cancer being developed under a global license agreement with Bayer HealthCare AG. BAY 86-9766 is currently in Phase 2 development in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma in a combination study with sorafenib (Nexavar®; Bayer, Onyx Pharmaceuticals). Bayer is also investigating the activity of BAY 86-9766 in other tumor types in combination with additional agents.
Statements contained in this press release regarding matters that are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Because such statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements regarding our plans and goals, the expected properties and benefits of RDEA594, BAY 86-9766 and our other compounds and the timing and results of our preclinical, clinical and other studies. Risks that contribute to the uncertain nature of the forward-looking statements include risks related to the outcome of preclinical and clinical studies, risks related to regulatory approvals, delays in commencement of preclinical and clinical studies, costs associated with our drug discovery and development programs, and risks related to the outcome of our business development activities, including collaboration or license agreements. These and other risks and uncertainties are described more fully in our most recently filed SEC documents, including our Annual Report on Form 10-K and our Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, under the headings "Risk Factors." All forward-looking statements contained in this press release speak only as of the date on which they were made. We undertake no obligation to update such statements to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made.(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20091104/ARDEALOGO) SOURCE Ardea Biosciences, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV