Macatawa Bank Corporation Reports Third Consecutive Quarter Of Profitability And Year-end Results
HOLLAND, Mich., Feb. 3, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Macatawa Bank Corporation (Nasdaq:MCBC) today announced its fourth quarter 2010 earnings, marking the Company's third consecutive quarter of profitability and continued improvements in several key capital and operational ratios. The Company's results for the fourth quarter (unaudited) included:
- Net income of $835,000, compared to a loss of $9.2 million in the same quarter of last year and net income of $703,000 in the third quarter of 2010
- Continued improvement in asset quality metrics, with nonperforming loans down 11 percent and total past due loans down 31 percent compared to third quarter 2010
- Net charge offs of $5.2 million, down 65.6 percent from $15.0 million in the fourth quarter 2009
- Year-over-year improvement in net interest margin, now at 3.38 percent
- Improvement in capital ratios
- Deposit accounts remain insured by the FDIC up to the maximum amount permitted by law
Macatawa reported net income available to common shares of $835,000, or $0.05 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter 2010, compared to a net loss available to common shares of $9.2 million, or $0.52 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter 2009 and net income of $703,000 for the third quarter 2010. For the full year 2010, the Company's net loss available to common shares totaled $17.9 million, down from a net loss of $66.5 million for the same period in 2009.
"We are pleased with our fourth quarter profit and the progress we believe we have made in 2010," said Richard L. Postma, Chairman of Macatawa Bank Corporation. "Our results continued to reflect the process improvements and disciplined approach we began to implement in 2009. The fourth quarter of 2010 represented our third consecutive quarter of profitability, along with continued improvements in several key capital and performance metrics. These are important achievements in our continued efforts to build accountability, confidence and performance in Macatawa Bank. We must continue to focus on improvement of the Bank's capital ratios, further reduction of non-performing loans and increasing sales of other-real-estate-owned. Through the collective efforts of the Board of Directors, management and our employees, we intend to continue to move the Bank toward a position of sustained profitability in order to serve West Michigan as a strong community bank."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV