Myrexis Announces Azixa(TM) Clinical Data Publications
Phase 1 Clinical Data Published by Molecular Cancer Therapeutics Pre-Clinical, Phase 1 and 2 Clinical Data Review Published by Drugs of the Future
SALT LAKE CITY, Feb. 3, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Myrexis, Inc. (Nasdaq:MYRX), a biotechnology company focused on discovering, developing, and commercializing novel treatments for cancer, today announced the publication of two peer-reviewed journal articles describing the clinical data to date for Azixa™ (MPC-6827, verubulin). Azixa is the Company's lead compound currently under evaluation in a two-arm, Phase 2b clinical study for first-line treatment of glioblastoma multiforme (GBM), an aggressive form of primary brain cancer.
- Azixa Phase 1 clinical data was described by lead clinical investigators at The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center and The University of Utah, Huntsman Cancer Institute in an article titled "Phase I Clinical Trial of MPC-6827 (Azixa), a Microtubule Destabilizing Agent, in Patients with Advanced Cancer," published in the December 2010 issue of Molecular Cancer Therapeutics.
- Updated pre-clinical and clinical data including two completed Phase 2 studies of Azixa in combination with standard chemotherapies for the treatment of brain tumors were highlighted in the December 2010 edition of Drugs of the Future by lead investigator Lawrence Recht, M.D., Department of Neurology, Stanford University School of Medicine.
Myrexis recently announced the initiation of a Phase 2b, comparative-arm, clinical study of Azixa in the front-line treatment of GBM. An open-label, Phase 2a single-agent study of Azixa is currently ongoing for the second- and third-line treatment of recurrent GBM. The Company recently presented promising preliminary data from a subset of patients who had failed both first-line temozolomide and second-line Avastin treatments. Data from the second sub-group of recurrent GBM patients in this study who are naïve to Avastin treatment are expected in the first half of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV