5. MediciNova (MNOV) acquires, develops and commercializes low molecular pharmaceutical products.
The company is expected to report a loss of 40 cents per share during 2010 fourth quarter, compared to loss of 49 cents per share and 46 cents per share in the year-ago and quarter-ago periods, respectively, as per Analysts polled by Bloomberg. For the full year, loss per share is forecast at $1.55 cents for 2010 in comparison to loss of $1.68 per share for 2009. Analysts estimate the company to turn profitable in 2011 on earnings of 2 cents per share.
The return-on-equity during the past 12 months has been 25.2%. In comparison, Pfizer, Biogen Idec (BIIB), Endo Pharmaceuticals (ENDP) and OXiGENE (OXGN) have ROEs of 11.7%, 17.2%, 19.7% and -279.7%, respectively.
All the five analysts covering the stock recommend buying and estimate the stock to gain around 143% over the next 12 months with a consensus target price of $12.0.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV