7. SciClone Pharmaceuticals (SCLN) is a global pharmaceutical company engaged in acquiring, developing and commercializing specialist drugs, including drugs for the treatment of cancer and infectious diseases.
For 2010 fourth quarter, earnings per share were 8 cents, compared to 5 cents per share in the year-ago period. For the full year, earnings per share are forecast at 44 cents for 2010, compared to earnings of 25 cents per share for 2009 and a loss of 18 cents per share for 2008.
The stock is currently trading at an attractive forward price-to-earnings multiple of 8.6. In comparison, Merck, Gilead Sciences (GILD), Biogen Idec and Par Pharmaceutical (PRX) have PE multiples of 10.0, 9.7, 11.5, and 12.1, respectively.
All the five analysts covering stock, recommend buying. Analysts polled by Bloomberg anticipate the stock to gain around 49% over the next 12 months with a consensus target price of $6.0.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV