3. AT&T (T) is a telecom company.
The firm delivered 55 cents of adjusted earnings, up 7.8% year-over-year, exceeding Wall Street's consensus estimate by 2%. It has exceeded earnings targets for four consecutive quarters. Consolidated revenue inched up 2.1% to $31 billion, but operating income dropped from $4.6 billion to $2.1 billion as the margin more than halved to 6.7%. The company achieved $3.1 billion of free cash flow in the quarter, with $9.6 billion of operating cash flow and $6.6 billion of expenditures. Management expects mid-single digit earnings growth during fiscal 2011.
12-Month Sales Growth: 1.4%
12-Month Profit Growth: 64%
12-Month Stock Performance: 7.8%
3-Year Annualized Sales Growth: 1.5%
3-Year Annualized Profit Growth: 18%
3-Year Annualized Stock Performance: -10%
3-Year Annualized Dividend Growth: 4.8%
5-Year Annualized Dividend Growth: 5.4%
Bullish Scenario: Credit Suisse rates AT&T "outperform", expecting its stock to rally 26% to $35. Bearish Scenario: Sanford Bernstein ranks AT&T "market perform", predicting a drop of 10% to $25.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV