4. Microsoft (MSFT) sells software.
It delivered 77 cents of adjusted quarterly earnings, representing 4.1% year-over-year growth and exceeding the consensus estimate by 13%. Microsoft has beaten expectations in eight consecutive quarters. The top-line figure passed consensus by 4.2%. The entertainment and devices unit grew revenue 55%, helped by solid holiday sales of Xbox 360 and quicker-than-anticipated adoption of the Kinect sensor. The business division boosted sales 24%, helped by sales of Office 2010, now the fastest-selling consumer version in product history.
12-Month Sales Growth: 14%
12-Month Profit Growth: 27%
12-Month Stock Performance: -1.8%
3-Year Annualized Sales Growth: 4.8%
3-Year Annualized Profit Growth: 6.7%
3-Year Annualized Stock Performance: -2.8%
3-Year Annualized Dividend Growth: 10%
5-Year Annualized Dividend Growth: 11%
Bullish Scenario: Stifel Financial rates Microsoft "buy", predicting its stock will gain 32% to $37. Bearish Scenario: Barclays ranks Microsoft "equal weight", expecting a rise of 7% to $30.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV