5. Boeing (BA) is an aerospace and defense company.
Its fourth-quarter adjusted earnings dropped 38% year-over-year to $1.11, matching analysts' consensus forecast. The company's top-line, at less than $17 billion, down 7.7% year-over-year, missed the consensus target by 2.9%. The operating margin narrowed from 9.4% to 6.7%. Despite the poor quarter, management is optimistic about 2011, forecasting earnings between $3.80 and $4.00, lending its stock a forward earnings multiple of 18, a sizable premium to aerospace and defense peers.
12-Month Sales Growth: -5.8%
12-Month Profit Growth: 152%
12-Month Stock Performance: 15%
3-Year Annualized Sales Growth: -1.1%
3-Year Annualized Profit Growth: -6.7%
3-Year Annualized Stock Performance: -5.3%
3-Year Annualized Dividend Growth: 6.3%
5-Year Annualized Dividend Growth: 11%
Bullish Scenario: Stifel Financial rates Boeing "buy", forecasting its stock will rise 27% to $90. Bearish Scenario: HSBC ranks Boeing "underweight", expecting its stock to fall 11% to $63.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV