6. Verizon (VZ) is a telecom carrier.
Verizon's fourth-quarter adjusted earnings were unchanged year-over-year at 54 cents, missing analysts' consensus forecast by 1.1%. Its top-line figure, at just over $26 billion, met expectations. Verizon's wireless unit delivered outstanding metrics, gaining 872 thousand postpaid customers during the quarter, ending the quarter with more than 94 million customers and 8.1 million other connections, including machine-to-machine and telematics. Total churn dropped to 1.3%, indicating customer loyalty.
12-Month Sales Growth: 0.9%
12-Month Profit Growth: 2.2%
12-Month Stock Performance: 22%
3-Year Annualized Sales Growth: 4.5%
3-Year Annualized Profit Growth: -12%
3-Year Annualized Stock Performance: -2.2%
3-Year Annualized Dividend Growth: 4.9%
5-Year Annualized Dividend Growth: 3.5%
Bullish Scenario: Macquarie rates Verizon "outperform", forecasting a rise of 22% to $44. Bearish Scenario: Sanford Bernstein ranks Verizon "underperform", expecting a fall of 31% to $25.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV