8. Cisco (CSCO) makes networking equipment.
Its fiscal first-quarter earnings, announced on Nov. 10, of 42 cents represented 17% year-over-year growth and beat analysts' consensus projection by 5.8%. Its top-line tally of nearly $11 billion matched expectations. But, disappointing forward guidance catalyzed a sharp 16% correction in Cisco, which has delivered annualized losses of 4.9% since 2008. Cisco's stock is among the cheapest technology investments, selling for a forward P/E of 12 and a cash flow multiple of 12, 51% and 43% peer discounts.
12-Month Sales Growth: 20%
12-Month Profit Growth: 38%
12-Month Stock Performance: -6.3%
3-Year Annualized Sales Growth: 4.8%
3-Year Annualized Profit Growth: -0.1%
3-Year Annualized Stock Performance: -4.9%
3-Year Annualized Dividend Growth: 0%
5-Year Annualized Dividend Growth: 0%
Bullish Scenario: Sanford Bernstein rates Cisco "outperform", projecting an advance of 25% to $27. Bearish Scenario: UBS ranks Cisco "neutral", predicting that its stock will stagnate at $21.50.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV