10. McDonald's (MCD) is the world's largest restaurant-franchise company.
McDonald's fourth-quarter adjusted earnings of $1.15, up 12% year-over-year, narrowly missed analysts' consensus target. McDonald's had exceeded consensus in the previous 10 quarters. Revenue, at $6.2% billion, outperformed consensus a bit. The company's operating margin rose from 28% to 29%, ranking in the 94th percentile for the restaurant industry. McDonald's stock is up 15% over 12 months. It has fallen 6% in three months as investors favored riskier companies, including technology stocks.
12-Month Sales Growth: 5.8%
12-Month Profit Growth: 8.7%
12-Month Stock Performance: 15%
3-Year Annualized Sales Growth: 1.9%
3-Year Annualized Profit Growth: 27%
3-Year Annualized Stock Performance: 11%
3-Year Annualized Dividend Growth: 15%
5-Year Annualized Dividend Growth: 28%
Bullish Scenario: Sanford Bernstein rates McDonald's "outperform", predicting its stock will rise 25% to $92. Bearish Scenario: Citigroup ranks McDonald's "hold", forecasting that its stock will advance 8% to $79.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV