NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- CBS (CBS) College Sports Network is refusing to air an anti-lockout commercial, produced by the National Football League Players Association, during the Texas-America college all-star football game on Saturday.
The minute-long commercial, which has been posted online, features scenes of empty stadiums, locker rooms and gyms. Throughout the advertisement, players repeat the phrase "Let us play" while fans add, "Let them play." The ad closes by asking viewers to sign an online petition.
The spot alludes to the pending lockout threat if NFL owners and players cannot reach a new labor agreement by March 3.The network rejected the union's commercial last week, players union assistant executive director of external affairs George Atallah said. "It's unfortunate they seem to be scared off," Atallah said of CBS. "I hope this puts the spotlight on the college all-star game and the players who might be locked out." CBS does not want to take sides in the ongoing dispute, network spokesperson Dana McClintock said. -- Written by Theresa McCabe in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Theresa McCabe. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to @TheresaMcCabe. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV