NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- CBS (CBS) College Sports Network is refusing to air an anti-lockout commercial, produced by the National Football League Players Association, during the Texas-America college all-star football game on Saturday.
The minute-long commercial, which has been posted online, features scenes of empty stadiums, locker rooms and gyms. Throughout the advertisement, players repeat the phrase "Let us play" while fans add, "Let them play." The ad closes by asking viewers to sign an online petition.
The spot alludes to the pending lockout threat if NFL owners and players cannot reach a new labor agreement by March 3.The network rejected the union's commercial last week, players union assistant executive director of external affairs George Atallah said. "It's unfortunate they seem to be scared off," Atallah said of CBS. "I hope this puts the spotlight on the college all-star game and the players who might be locked out." CBS does not want to take sides in the ongoing dispute, network spokesperson Dana McClintock said. -- Written by Theresa McCabe in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Theresa McCabe. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to @TheresaMcCabe. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV