PACCAR designs and builds light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF brands. The company also provides finance and leasing services to customers and dealers. About 32% of analysts covering the stock recommend a buy while the remaining 63% suggest a hold. On average, analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to rise 12.1%.
Net income for the fourth quarter was $169.8 million, compared with $461.1 million during the same quarter a year before. Net sales and financial services revenue came in at $3.06 billion, up from $2.24 billion a year earlier. For all of 2010, net income and total revenue were up almost 300% and 27%, respectively. With the stock's dividend increasing 28% in 2010, the company declared a special fourth -quarter dividend of 30 cents per share.
Paccar is planning a new factory in Brazil, its first global facility, to build DAF trucks for Europe. However, it will not be using its Kenworth and Peterbilt brands in Brazil. Instead, it will use the DAF brand and hopes to capture at least 20% of the Brazilian market.For 2011, capital expenditures are estimated in the range of $400 million to $500 million, while research and development expenses are pegged between $250 million and $300 million. PACCAR expects the global truck markets to improve in 2011 and forecasts industry-wide sales of heavy-duty trucks of 180,000 to 200,000 in the U.S. and Canada, up from 126,000 trucks sold in 2010. For Western Europe, heavy-duty trucks sales range between 220,000 and 240,000, compared with 183,000 trucks in 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV