Commercial Maritime Fleets Gain Enhanced Communications With New KVH CommBox
MIDDLETOWN, R.I., Feb. 2, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Maritime fleets that demand a competitive advantage require powerful integration capabilities for their communications, allowing them to reduce expenses, maintain operational flexibility, manage multiple communication services, improve shore-to-ship integration, and improve crew welfare. To meet this demand, KVH Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq:KVHI) today unveiled the new KVH CommBox ™ Ship/Shore Network Manager at the Digital Ship Scandinavia Conference.
"CommBox is the most complete network management tool available for mariners, functioning as e-mail server, relay server, and web server in one rugged package," says Morten Aasen, managing director of KVH Norway AS (formerly Virtek Communication AS). "With multiple shipboard hardware options, your choice of value-added software modules, and the flexibility to work with any selected communication services, the fully configurable CommBox offers unmatched optimization and cost savings whether you have 5 or 500 vessels in your fleet."
Developed by KVH Norway, the original CommBox technology is now supporting more than 800 vessels worldwide. The new, enhanced KVH CommBox solution includes dedicated shipboard network management hardware, network hub options for enhanced performance and network control, and versatile software applications that expand onboard communication capabilities and add valuable capabilities, including:
- least cost routing between multiple communication services like KVH's mini-VSAT Broadband sm, traditional VSAT, Inmarsat, GSM, WiFi, or WiMax, with configurable rules to determine when to switch as well as the functions available with each service
- roaming and pre-paid crew accounts that allow crew members to keep one Internet and e-mail account for usage on any vessel in the fleet
- data compression, web caching, and web acceleration to get the most out of each vessel's network use
- easy file transfers from ship to shore and shore to ship, including file compression and synchronization among files and folders
- dynamic reporting on communication activity on the fleet's vessels at all times along with IP routing that supports remote operations and diagnostics of the vessel network right from the fleet headquarters
- configurable firewalls and encryption for data and network security
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV