HKBN Launches "A Gift Of Communications" For Old Mobile Phones
HONG KONG, Feb. 2, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hong Kong Broadband Network Ltd ("HKBN"), a wholly owned subsidiary of City Telecom (HK) Limited (HKSE:1137) (Nasdaq:CTEL), is pleased to announce our "A Gift of Communications" Initiative targeting to collect 5,000 sets of old mobile phones for the needy for redistribution via Caritas Hong Kong Computer Workshop. Working in partnership with Caritas Hong Kong Computer Workshop, the collected old mobile phones will be tested, refurbished and donated or sold to the needy at nominal cost. For the parts which are too old or cannot be repaired, they will be sorted and sold to recyclers and proceeds used to offset operating expenses of the workshop.
Mobile phones have vastly changed the way we communicate and become an indispensable part of daily life. In fact, Hong Kong has one of the highest penetrations of mobile services in the World. Despite this, there are underprivileged individuals who do not have a cell phone of their own, and your donation of old cell phones could greatly enhance the quality of life of them - Let's turn your old mobile into the Gift of Communications!
As the fastest growing broadband provider in Hong Kong, we will fully leverage our considerable group resources to support this appeal. From now until Mar 31, 2011, we have set up collection points at our 19 Fibre shop locations as listed in Appendix I, and will invite our customers to join this initiative via direct mail. For our overseas friends, please send your old cell phones to the Attention of Ms Annie Sin, Director - Administration, Hong Kong Broadband Network Limited, Level 39, Tower 1, Metro Plaza, No. 223 Hing Fong Road, Kwai Chung, N.T., Hong Kong.For privacy reasons, please kindly erase any saved data before sending us the cell phones. Caritas Hong Kong Computer Workshop could also help to delete all data by formatting.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV