ARLINGTON, Texas. ( TheStreet) -- The 95,000 people expected to pack Cowboys Stadium for Super Bowl XLV on Sunday may have their eyes glued on Ben Roethlisberger and Aaron Rodgers, but the technology infrastructure within the $1.2 billion arena also deserves star billing, if you ask Dallas Cowboys CIO Pete Walsh.
"I don't think there's anything that rivals where we are today," he told TheStreet. "This is setting the bar pretty high."
With 261 miles of fiber and 6 million feet of copper, the stadium's core tech backbone is more akin to that of a small city than a sports facility; the Cowboys' home is full of gear from tech heavyweights like Hewlett-Packard (HPQ), Cisco (CSCO), Sony (SNE) and VMware (VMW).
In addition to one of the world's most sophisticated scoreboards, fans converging on Cowboys Stadium can follow the action on 3,000 high-def TV screens and can utilize the new Super Bowl app -- which works on Apple's iPhone, iPad and on Google Android smartphones -- to navigate the stadium to find food, drink and hot gathering spots.Read on for more details on how technology will power Super Bowl XLV.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV