NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Petroleo Brasileiro (PBR), BP (BP), Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.A), Apache Corporation (APA), Sinopec (SNP), CNOOC (CEO), Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY), Chevron Corporation (CVX), Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO) and Hess Corporation (HES) have an implied 9% to 22% upside, based on analysts' consensus estimates of 12-month price targets.
Crude oil prices broke out above the $100 per barrel threshold on Monday. Although the U.S. gets less than 2% of its oil from Egypt, the political unrest rocking the country could exacerbate and engulf other regional oil producers and heighten supply worries. Brent crude touched $101 per barrel on Monday, going past the $100-per-barrel mark for the first time in the last two years.
We have identified ten energy stocks that are highly rated by analysts, which can provide attractive returns over the next year. These stocks have a market capitalization of at least $30 billion and have a consistent track record. However, we have not included InterOil Corporation (IOC), JA Solar Holdings (JASO) and ReneSola (SOL), although these stocks are poised for returns of around 50%, because of their inconsistent track record and highly volatile stock prices.
The following 10 stocks delivered an average 25% return in 2010, rising in excess of 4% during the last one month on superior fundamentals. The stocks are stacked by upside, great to greatest.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV