The expansion will result in a 40% increase in capacity, primarily in the higher-margin products. The company hopes to complete it in time for the peak season in 2011. As a result, I am expecting that 2011 financial results will show very substantial growth over 2010, which itself was a record year for the company, according to already released guidance. Based on already released guidance, net income in 2010 grew by more than 50% from 2009. Based on the capacity expansion, it should grow by up to 40% in 2011. This would give SkyPeople a forward P/E of only 3 or 4.
The stock's 52-week high was $8.10, but I believe the stock could easily break through this during 2011 once full-year 2010 results are released and the capacity expansion begins to produce results.
In addition, the company is currently planning to act as a sponsor at the China investor conferences of Roth Capital and Rodman & Renshaw by providing thousands of bottles of juice for investors to drink between meetings. This struck me as a very novel way for the company to put itself on the map with investors and maximize attendance at its company presentations.
The near-term catalysts for the stock price will be the release of full-year 2010 results, which I expect to meet or beat guidance, as well as the company's sponsorship and presentations at the upcoming China conferences.All of these catalysts will happen in March, so I expect it will not take long to see a significant jump in the share price. The first barrier I am watching for it to break is the old high of $8.10. Once it does this, I think the stock has the potential to be in the $10-12 range in 2011. This share price estimate is slightly lower than existing Wall Street estimates, which put a target price of $13 on SkyPeople. I view $13 as being slightly high based on my visit to the company and its current business prospects. At the time of publication, Pearson was long SPU.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV