The company's corporate governance is a complicated story, so I will do more research into this stock before buying any shares. Also, shares have doubled since their lows in September, so I clearly missed the bottom on this China stock.
My concern is that there's excess hotel capacity, which is related to the country's real estate boom.
Whenever I travel I see many brand new hotels under construction, and in Beijing new high-rise hotels seem to pop up every week.With all this construction, the hotel business in China is getting very competitive. Just by shopping around a bit haggling, I am often able to get 50% discounts. The competition isn't just from Chinese companies either. International chains like Holiday Inn continue to expand their presence here. Please look for Part 2 of this article on Wednesday. I'll reveal my favorite China stock in the food and beverage sector. At the time of publication, Pearson had no positions in stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV