6. Ford Motor (F) manufactures cars and trucks.
The Dearborn, Michigan-based company reported fourth-quarter results Friday. Ford posted adjusted quarterly earnings of 30 cents, missing analysts' consensus estimate by 38%. Its stock tumbled more than 13% in reaction to the results. Ford beat by a double-digit percentage in the six previous quarters. Ford has an average earnings beat rate of 48%. Its top-line figure, at nearly $32 billion, representing an 8.3% year-over-year decline, beat the consensus target by 14%. Despite a poor report, Goldman is still bullish on Ford's prospects, saying that the EBITDA and free cash flow story is "far from over" at Ford.
Goldman lowered its 6-month price target on Ford to $20, still suggesting an attractive 24% return. Goldman has incorporated higher fixed-cost inflation and product development and manufacturing costs into its model. Although these capital outlays have spurred a mass migration out of the stock, Goldman views them as a positive long-term strategic move, which will assist Ford in strengthening product leadership. Ford's stock trades at a trailing P/E of 9.1 and a forward P/E of 7.6, 42% and 65% automotive industry discounts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV