BOSTON (TheStreet) -- In an accelerating economic recovery, consumer-cyclical stocks tend to outperform. Goldman Sachs ranks the following 11 consumer-related equities "buy" and has several on its Conviction Buy List. They are expected to rise at least 10% and as much as 41%. Below, the stocks are ordered by predicted upside, from plenty to most.
11. Viacom (VIA.B) is an entertainment company, with television and film-studio subsidiaries.
Its stock has risen 43% in the past year, but analysts are still optimistic about the equity's trajectory. Of those covering Viacom's B shares, two thirds rate them "buy" and one third ranks them "hold." Goldman's $46 target implies 10% of upside in the next 12 months. Deutsche Bank is more bullish, forecasting an advance of 25% to $52. In Goldman's latest research note, it stressed the upside potential resulting from a share buyback acceleration and dividend boosts in 2011 and 2012. Goldman previously expected $1.3 billion of buybacks each year, in 2011 and 2012. Viacom is guiding for $1.8 billion of buybacks in 2011 and $2.3 billion in 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV