New York Mortgage Trust Announces Tax Treatment Of Common Stock Dividends Paid In 2010
NEW YORK, Jan. 31, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- New York Mortgage Trust, Inc. (Nasdaq:NYMT) ("NYMT" or the "Company") announced today the following tax treatment for dividends paid or declared in 2010 on the Company's common stock.
Declaration Date Record Date Payment Date Cash Distribution per share Short-term Capital Gain Taxable Ordinary Dividend Return of Capital 12/21/09 01/07/10 01/26/10 $0.25 $0.00 $0.05 $0.20 03/16/10 04/01/10 04/26/10 $0.25 $0.00 $0.05 $0.20 06/16/10 07/06/10 07/26/10 $0.18 $0.00 $0.04 $0.14 10/04/10 10/14/10 10/25/10 $0.18 $0.00 $0.04 $0.14 12/20/10 12/30/10 01/25/11 $0.18 $0.00 $0.04 $0.14 Total 2010 Cash Distribution $1.04 $0.00 $0.22 $0.82
Stockholders are encouraged to consult with their personal tax advisors as to their specific tax treatment of dividends on the Company's common stock. The information set forth above is also available on the Company's website, www.nymtrust.com , under the "Investor Relations―Dividend History" section of the website.
About New York Mortgage TrustNew York Mortgage Trust, Inc. is a real estate investment trust ("REIT") that acquires and manages primarily real estate-related assets, including mortgage-backed securities ("RMBS") issued by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac (each an "Agency"), high credit quality residential adjustable rate mortgage ("ARM") loans, non-Agency RMBS, and to a lesser extent, other real-estate-related and financial assets. As a REIT, the Company is not subject to federal income tax, provided that it distributes at least 90% of its REIT income to stockholders.
CONTACT: AT THE COMPANY Steven R. Mumma, CEO, President Phone: 212-792-0109 Email: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV