Initially the market believed the political uprising could force a closure of the Suez Canal.
Those fears seem to be abating but shipping stocks saw a lift on Friday as traders jumped on board with the theory. Kirby (KEX) popped 12% in two days. Frontline (FRO), the world's largest operator of supertankers saw its stock climb 8.5% on Friday. Nordic American Tankers (NAT) also jumped on Friday.
But TheStreet's Scott Eden reports most of the tanker stocks are already giving back those quick gains.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV