Initially the market believed the political uprising could force a closure of the Suez Canal.
Those fears seem to be abating but shipping stocks saw a lift on Friday as traders jumped on board with the theory. Kirby (KEX) popped 12% in two days. Frontline (FRO), the world's largest operator of supertankers saw its stock climb 8.5% on Friday. Nordic American Tankers (NAT) also jumped on Friday.
TheStreet's Scott Eden reports most of the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV