Following the worst labor market downturn in 50 years, with some 8.3 million U.S. jobs lost in 2008 and 2009, the bottom may have finally have been reached. Analysts at Standard & Poor's, for one, believe the worst of the job downturn is over. Both the global and U.S. labor markets, they assert, are in the early stages of a recovery.
After all, in 2010, the U.S. labor market added a net total of 1.1 million jobs -- admittedly still a low number -- but S&P thinks it indicates the worst of the downturn has passed.
That surely spells good news, so some investment pros have been quick to come up with strategies on how to gain from the shifting employment situation. The business services sector, which includes staffing companies that provide permanent as well as temporary help to companies, is bound to be one big beneficiary.
More from DailyFinance
10 US Cities With the Worst Drinking Water
Q&A: How Alyssa Milano Scores Big in the Sports Fashion Biz
Why Gold Has Lost Some of Its Luster
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV