The First Bancshares, Inc. Reports Increased 4th Quarter Earnings And Declaration Of Dividend
First graph, second sentence of release should read: The record date will be February 11, 2011 with a payable date of February 25, 2011 (sted The record date will be February 11, 2010 with a payable date of February 25, 2010).
The corrected release reads:
THE FIRST BANCSHARES, INC. REPORTS INCREASED 4 TH QUARTER EARNINGS AND DECLARATION OF DIVIDEND
The First Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ:FBMS), holding company for The First, A National Banking Association, ( www.thefirstbank.com) today reported earnings for the quarter and the year ended December 31, 2010. The First Bancshares, Inc. also announced a quarterly dividend of $0.0375 per common share. The record date will be February 11, 2011 with a payable date of February 25, 2011.Net income available to common shareholders for the three months ended December 31, 2010 amounted to $654,000, or $.22 per diluted share, compared to $525,000 or $.17 per diluted share for the same quarter in 2009, an increase of $129,000 or 24.6%. Net income available to common shareholders for the year ended December 31, 2010, amounted to $2,233,000, a 52.8% increase from the $1,461,000 reported for the year ended December 31, 2009. M. Ray “Hoppy” Cole, President & Chief Executive Officer, commented, “We are pleased with the performance of our Company, especially given the challenging banking environment in which we currently operate. Our directors and staff remain committed to providing excellent service to our customers; which in turn yields growth, profitability, and increased value to our shareholders.” The following are key highlights for the last twelve months ended December 31, 2010:
- Total assets increased $25.5 million or 5.3%
- Loans, net of unearned interest increased $13.8 million or 4.3%
- Deposits increased $12.7 million or 3.3%
- Certified as a Community Development Financial Institution and participated in the Community Development Capital Initiative
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV