Qualcomm (QCOM) was recently upgraded to outperform from market perform at Morgan Keegan, with a $61 price target, based on the company's solid quarter and expectations of continued smartphone demand.
As of the most-recent reporting period, Qualcomm comprises 0.5% of George Soros' portfolio and 2.9% of Private Capital Management. Soros increased his number of Qualcomm shares by 190.9% during the period.Stock Overview: Qualcomm designs manufacture and markets digital wireless telecommunications products and services based on its CDMA technology and other technologies. It has traded in a 52-week range of $31.63to $55 and was recently at $53.91. It has a market cap of $88.3 billion and a 2.1 short interest ratio, it yields 1.4%, and it trades at a P/E of 24.8. Analyst Ratings: Of 34 analysts covering the stock, 29 rate it a buy, four rate it a hold, and one rates it a sell. TheStreet Ratings has a B buy rating on Qualcomm, earning it a spot on the list of top-4ated communications equipment stocks. Earnings Estimates: Qualcomm recently reported expectations-beating adjustedearnings of 82 cents a share, a 32% increase from the year-ago quarter and above expectations for 10 cents a share. Sales were also up, to $3.35 billion from $2.67 billion a year ago. More on Qualcomm: Qualcomm is one of Goldman's eight top tech stocks for 2011, and it showed up on a recent list of 20 stocks with large insider selling.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV