Meanwhile, Standard & Poor's analyst Efraim Levy retains a hold on Ford shares.
So what does this mean for GM (GM)? "We think expectations for GM's fourth quarter are quite different following explicit warnings by management that the quarter would be weak" relative to the third quarter, Archambault said.On Friday, GM shares closed down 4% from the previous close at $36.60. At midday Monday, shares were nearly unchanged at $36.46. -- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Ted Reed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV