EPlus Wins Patent Infringement Trial Against Lawson Software, Inc.
HERNDON, Va., Jan. 31, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ePlus inc. (Nasdaq:PLUS) announced that on January 27, 2011, a jury in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia unanimously found that Lawson Software, Inc. infringed ePlus patents relating to electronic procurement systems. The jury determined that all ePlus patent claims tried in court were valid.
The jury found that three different configurations of Lawson Supply Chain Management products infringed 11 claims of the ePlus patents. These configurations contain several Lawson products, including Lawson System Foundation, Process Flow, Requisitions, Inventory Control, Purchase Order, Requisitions Self Service, Procurement Punchout and EDI. These products are components of the Lawson S3 Supply Chain Management suite. The jury verdict also extends to Lawson's M3 e-Procurement software.
The jury determined that Lawson directly infringed ePlus' patents and that Lawson also induced and contributed to the infringement of the ePlus patents by Lawson's customers. The federal court has scheduled a hearing for March 3, 2011 concerning ePlus' request for an immediate injunction to prevent Lawson's infringing activity and operations. ePlus seeks an injunction to preclude not only Lawson's sales of its infringing software products, but also any of Lawson's maintenance, installation, implementation and other services for its infringing software products.The ePlus patents involve electronic procurement, and the inventions allow end-users to perform a wide variety of functions, including, but not limited to:
- perform electronic searches, selections and comparisons as well as review items in multiple supplier catalogs;
- find equivalent items and suitable replacements;
- generate purchase orders from multiple vendors; and
- electronically check inventory.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV