NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Contagion's back!
Through Thursday's close, the market had put together another impressive week. The cracks that had started to appear were getting short shrift as earnings season picked up steam, and high-fliers like Caterpillar (CAT) (the Dow's top performer in 2010) and Netflix (NFLX) (the same for the S&P 500) delivered strong results.
The Federal Reserve delivered a very dovish message on Wednesday -- once again validating "QE2" -- and doing so with a complete lack of dissent, so it looked like 2011's non-stop bull run still had some legs.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average spent a few sessions crisscrossing 12,000, and the S&P 500 did the same with 1,300, and each index closing above those levels in the near future seemed a foregone conclusion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV