MILLBURN, N.J. ( Stockpickr) -- Recently, I recommended three beaten-down stocks that could rebound in 2011: Intel (INTC), Sears Holdings (SHLD), which I've since bought call options on, and Dean Foods (DF), which it turns out is also on David Tepper's radar.
Today I'm looking at another batch of stocks poised for comebacks
Women's Apparel Stocks
The women's apparel business had an off year in 2010, for various reasons. Women who typically are responsible for family clothing purchases and budgets kept their pocketbooks tight in 2010. Furthermore, as the employment picture failed to improve in 2010 and fewer women were joining the work force, fewer women were augmenting or replacing their work wardrobes. 2010 wasn't a particularly dynamic year in terms of women's apparel sales and must-have fashion items, either, from what I gathered the many retail conference calls I listened to in 2010.Related: Teen Retail Stocks: Buy, Sell or Hold? Three women's apparel stocks in particular performed poorly in 2010: Talbots (TLB), Charming Shoppes (CHRS) and Coldwater Creek (CWTR). All of these companies delivered disappointing results earnings and stock performance and suffered from a variety of issues, including excessive inventory, merchandising mistakes, poor management and, economic conditions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV