MILLBURN, N.J. (Stockpickr) -- Recently, I recommended three beaten-down stocks that could rebound in 2011: Intel (INTC), Sears Holdings (SHLD), which I've since bought call options on, and Dean Foods (DF), which it turns out is also on David Tepper's radar.
Today I'm looking at another batch of stocks poised for comebacks
Women's Apparel Stocks
The women's apparel business had an off year in 2010, for various reasons. Women who typically are responsible for family clothing purchases and budgets kept their pocketbooks tight in 2010. Furthermore, as the employment picture failed to improve in 2010 and fewer women were joining the work force, fewer women were augmenting or replacing their work wardrobes. 2010 wasn't a particularly dynamic year in terms of women's apparel sales and must-have fashion items, either, from what I gathered the many retail conference calls I listened to in 2010.Related: Teen Retail Stocks: Buy, Sell or Hold? Three women's apparel stocks in particular performed poorly in 2010: Talbots (TLB), Charming Shoppes (CHRS) and Coldwater Creek (CWTR). All of these companies delivered disappointing results earnings and stock performance and suffered from a variety of issues, including excessive inventory, merchandising mistakes, poor management and, economic conditions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV