Small Shops Often Aim for Edge in Bowl Ads
"I would think the Super Bowl probably put Go Daddy on the map," says Tom Egelhoff, founder of Small Town Marketing.com. "They were a relatively unknown company a few years ago, but they had some very inventive ads. It was probably a stretch for them to be on there."
Smaller companies that air commercials during the event are "either bringing out new products or trying to build a strong brand, like Go Daddy," Strum says.
Groupon, an online daily coupon service in more than 300 markets and 35 countries, is preparing its first foray into television advertising with a spot during the Super Bowl's pregame show. The site, now in its fourth year, has recently been increasing its exposure.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV