"The biggest driver of growth in 2011 is smartphones and tablets," he told
TheStreet. "Third-party estimates put the
|SanDisk CEO Sanjay Mehrotra says that 2011 will be a big year in Flash Memory.|
"I think that you're going to see features related to higher-res cameras, better screens and improved resolutions," said Mehrotra. "In addition to increasing numbers of Flash units, average capacities will increase on each of these units."SanDisk duly offered up healthy guidance after market close last Thursday. The storage firm, which does not provide an earnings forecast, expects first-quarter sales between $1.2 billion and $1.275 billion, above analysts' estimate of $1.18 billion. For the full year, SanDisk is looking for a revenue range of $5.3 billion to $5.7 billion. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had predicted sales of $4.8 billion. Mehrotra explained that tablets are also helping push SanDisk's sales northward. "I think that we will see tablets from multiple manufacturers that will drive this category," he said. "At CES, more than 60 tablet models were announced
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV