China Jo-Jo Drugstores
This is a micro-cap stock and may not appeal to everyone. China Jo-Jo Drugstores (CJJD) aims to become the "CVS of China," though it currently operates less than 50 retail pharmacies, with plans to grow the base to 75 by 2012. The company sells both traditional herbal remedies and modern pharmaceuticals, along with other wares typically found at a drugstore. Each store has a licensed physician on-site, paving the way for China Jo-Jo to start bolting urgent care facilities onto each of its drug stores.
Despite high levels of staffing, it's a very profitable business, with gross margins exceeding 50% and operating margins exceeding 20%. Each of those metrics is roughly twice as high as what U.S.-based drug stores typically post. That said, as the company grows margins are likely to come down to a moderate extent as the company opens stores in more competitive areas. Shares, which trade for less than half of the 52-week high, look quite cheap at around four times projected fiscal 2012 profit forecasts.Action to Take: Each of these three stocks represents a unique growth and risk profile, so the most appealing name for you depends on your risk tolerance. Concord Medical appears to be the most solid business model, though it will likely take several years for shares to rise by a significant amount. American Oriental Bioengineering and China Jo-Jo Drugs are more speculative, but look significantly undervalued. This article originally appeared on StreetAuthority. At the time of publication, Sterman owned no positions in the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV