By David Sterman
NEW YORK ( StreetAuthority) -- The health care industry has been on a steady growth path for nearly two decades. That's been good news for investors who have enjoyed almost non-stop gains from the sector. But now, cost pressures are putting heat on the sector and gains have been much harder to come by. In contrast, the party's just beginning for China.
Chinese health care is far earlier on the growth curve and appears to have a long growth path ahead. Chinese per-capita spending on health care is the lowest of any of the 20 largest global economies. Off that low base, key companies look set to grow at a double-digit clip for a number of years to come and offer investors the same consistent gains once offered by American health care stocks.
Here are three companies I've found that appear nicely positioned to capitalize on that trend.American Oriental Bioengineering
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV