CNinsure is a China-based insurance intermediary company engaged in the distribution of property, casualty and life insurance products underwritten by domestic and foreign insurance companies operating in China. The company completed a follow-on offer in July 2010.
During the third quarter of 2010, net revenue increased 30% year over year to $58 million, driven by growth in the life insurance business. Net income surged 43% to $16.4 million.
Commenting on the financial results, Yinan Hu, chairman and CEO, said in a press statement, "Robust growth of our three existing business lines continued into the third quarter with the life insurance business and claims adjusting business growing 109.1% and 34.3% year over year, respectively. The overall commission rate from the property and casualty insurance business increased over the previous quarter, which led to a year-over-year growth of 6.7% in our property and casualty insurance business in the third quarter as compared to year-over-year decline of that in the second quarter. We believe there is still room for further improvement in our property and casualty insurance commission rate."
>To see these stocks in action, visit the 3 Non-Bank Financial Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV