5. Xyratex (XRTX) provides enterprise-class data storage and network technology.
For the fourth quarter of fiscal 2010 ended Nov. 30, 2010, Xyratex reported earnings of $1.02 per share, compared to earnings of 5 cents per share in the year-ago period. For the full year, the company is likely to report earnings per share of $2.26 for fiscal 2011 and $2.42 for fiscal 2012.
The return-on-equity during the past 12 months has been 47.5%, surpassing competitors. EMC (EMC), NetApp (NTAP), SanDisk (SNDK) and Western Digital (WDC) have ROEs of 7.5%, 18.6%, 26.8% and 35.0%, respectively.
The stock is currently trading at an attractive forward price-to-earnings multiple of 5.5 and EV-to-EBITDA ratio of 3.1.Of the eight analysts covering the stock, six recommend buying and two rate holding. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain around 45% over the next 12 months with a consensus target price of $19.3.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV