|NBC Universal unveils its new logo.|
NBC Universal CEO Steve Burke told employees on Thursday at a town hall gathering that the old logo, which featured the iconic peacock symbol, "seemed kind of busy." The company is now opting for a new minimalistic corporate design.
The redesigned logo uses purple as the primary color, and does not put a space between 'NBC' and 'Universal,' to represent the unity of the two divisions."We aren't a family of two favorite sons, rather one filled with talented people and companies all tied for first," management said in a presentation on Thursday when it revealed the logo to company employees. NBC will continue to use the original peacock image for its broadcast network and its cable news outlets, while the spinning globe will still be a part of Universal's consumer graphic. The peacock has been part of NBC's branding since 1956. After a year-long regulatory review, Comcast is set to acquire a 51% stake in NBC Universal on Friday, while General Electric's stake will drop to 49% from 80%. -- Written by Theresa McCabe in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Theresa McCabe. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to @TheresaMcCabe. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV